Our Rose gold and Gold pieces are plated on silver to the highest standard available. Rose gold and Gold plated pieces are delicate jewelry items. Care should be taken when cleaning gold plated jewelry to protect the layer of gold from being worn away.
• To prolong the Gold or Rose gold plating, remove rings, bracelets, etc. when washing hands or hand sanitizer.Avoid your Rose gold or Gold plated jewelry coming into contact with perfume or perfumed lotions. The perfume will react with the plating and cause it to wear off.
• Avoid direct contact with water (salt or fresh), excessive perspiration, and chemicals such as chlorine, sulfur, detergent and lotion. Excessive light, heat or moisture will deteriorate the quality of plating on the metal. Exposing plated jewelry to water will cause the plating to disintegrate or wear off. No showering in our new necklace!
• Store away in a box or keep it wrapped up. A great way to keep your jewelry shiny for longer is in a ziploc or grip-seal bag.
• To clean Gold plated jewelry wipe lightly your Gold plated piece with a damp cotton cloth to remove surface dirt or dust. Be sure it is completely dry before storing the jewelry again.
• DO NOT use a silver cloth or abrasive compounds i.e. baking soda to clean the Gold plated jewelry or OXIDIZED models.
• Our pieces are delicate and we take no responsibility for careless wear or storage.
Please enjoy your Maison Irem jewel as much as we do. If you have any questions regarding the care of your jewelry, please contact us.